Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ENDLESS

Today I talked to a dear friend on the phone. He asked me if I've been writing any poetry lately. I said no...
When our phone conversation ended, I started typing and here's what landed on the screen. This ones for you MIKEE;-)


Soul entranced by any and many... other than you
Be still my friend, for it's almost the end
Of this short journey taken by the long road
away from home and closer to the sun
It's bright in the warmth of her beams
Indeed the clouds try to win over this light of day
Billowing in their beckoning way
Enraptured in the trance of such
As the 7th sea meets her oceans mouth
I'm crying out...
Like a gull for its next meal
Saunter South in these months of cold
I shall find the warmth on blind rock beds and shallow shores
Just like the sound of tides ebb and flow
I'm running so far from edge
I can no longer see the white caps telling me to come home
Tantalized by the succulent nectar fruit growing on branch-less trees
I'm warned of frost being near
My shoes are lace- less
and my head close to faceless
Wander I do, through the thick of night and moons whispered breeze
All of these years have turned over leaves
Falling down and landing
In every direction of my compass rose
Held in hand, enclosed in tattered wear
I'm searching for stars on land
Roaming fields with few slivers of golden grass blades
Dried by the heat of the sun
Summers end is growing past
Brilliant she was and soon she will be again
Nurturing the flower and her open bloom
A scent I yearn for
Over mountains and valleys divine
I'm coming around the dips and turns
Just to get a glimpse of her stature
Brimming over me like warm Sunday coffee
She's fast and seldom furious in her ways
Like mother nature natural
Her name is soul and she lives eternal
Like everlasting gobstopper infinity
Absorbent like sea sponge
Keeping me on the search for endless...
ENDLESS

1 comment:

  1. "All of these years have turned over leaves, Falling down and landing in every direction of my compass rose" Freakin brilliant Heathery!!!

    ReplyDelete